I spent a pleasant few days in Melbourne after I’d moved on from the hostel…
- The heat wave -it got up to 42 degrees, wow that is hot. Not sure I’ve ever experienced such heat. Intense. Making it hard to do anything.
- The hotel gym
- My friend from Adelaide coming to visit…but I’m not sure that I’m ready to tell that story yet
- Aquarium – I absolutely love an aquarium. I always have. They fascinate me and I find them very charming. I try to go to one in every big city I visit. Or small ones (see Croyde in North Devon)
- Cherry Bar – amazing live music
- The rash on my arms and face developing into a more noticeable feature (more of a low light)
- Getting locked out of my nice new hotel, when I went to inspect the roof terrace and the door locked behind me. Shit! It was boiling and I had left my water inside. Fortunately the fire escape was open, so I ran down 15 flights of stairs, out the staff exit and onto the street! I returned back in through the front entrance and managed to explain my error to the kindly receptionist, who gave me another key!
- Flying to Sydney where it was raining. Such heavy rain I thought I was back in UK.